Volunteering is an excellent opportunity to become more involved in the market and to support our local food system and our local farmers. The Sioux City Farmers Market is seeking volunteers and corporate partners to help make our market a “growing” success.
A volunteer would participate in the opening and closing activities of the farmers market. As well as greeting vendors, setting up tables and chairs, providing assistance to vendors and customers, and helping to make sure everyone has a good experience at the market.
The Market will be open between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., local time each Wednesday and Saturday from approximately May 8th, 2010 through October 30, 2010. Volunteer hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to assist in set up and tear down.
The location for the Siouxland Farmers Market will be downtown Sioux City, Iowa at the suite parking lot for the Tyson Events Center located north of TriView Avenue at the corner of TriView Avenue and Pearl Street.
Farmers Market Volunteer Job Description 2010
Days: Wednesday & Saturday, May 8th thru October 30
Volunteer Hours: 7:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m.
General Duties (At all times):
• Assist the Market Coordinator as required.
• Provide guidance and assistance to the vendors as needed. (note prohibitions)
• Check market area for trash & cleanup as needed.
• HAVE FUN!!!!!
Market Opening Duties (typically 7:00 to 8:00 a.m.):
• Assist vendors in setting up their booths.
Event Hours Duties (typically 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.):
• Greet customers to the Market.
• Answer questions from patrons and provide guidance.
• Assist patrons in carrying large purchases to their vehicle.
• Make sure that the security barricades are in their proper places and traffic does
not infringe on the vendor area.
Market Closing Duties (typically 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.):
• Assist vendors with tear down their booths.
• Return equipment and/or apparel to the market coordinator.
• Set security barricades on grass on the north side of the parking lot when the
final vendor has left.
• Complete one last inspection of the market area for trash & cleanup as needed.
Under no circumstances shall volunteers sell items for individual vendors or take
money on their behalf.
Most Importantly of All:
Have fun and represent the Market well.
Print and Download Volunters Job Description
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for “our” Sioux City Farmers Market. The success of our market and our community relies on the support of volunteers and corporate partners like you. For further information please contact;
Buy Fresh, Buy Local - Siouxland Inc.
505 Fifth Street Suite 200
Sioux City, IA 51101